Apart from building and maintaining the main website, the Dictionary seeks funding, sponsorship and support for a range of special projects. These projects allow us to build new partnerships, create new content and engage new audiences for Sydney’s history.
Our 2015 projects are sponsored by: The Australian Government’s Anzac Centenary Local Grants Program; Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts; Australian National Maritime Museum; Oral History NSW; and Royal Australian Historical Society.
- New home for the Dictionary
- Second Fleet Project
- Blue Mountains Icons Project
- Sydney’s railway heritage
- Anzac Ultimo Honour Board
- Liverpool Oral History Project
- First Fleet project
- The Georges River Project
- Aboriginal Heritage project
- Islands of Sydney Harbour project
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Histories project
- Fine Stream, Fine Meadow: Cooks River project
- Greening the Dictionary